It’s no secret that mobile is eating the world. Some analysts say the smartphone and tablet business is now nearly 50% of the global consumer electronics industry. For IT pros, it’s decision time, because you have to ask yourself questions like:
- How can we ensure device consistency?
- How can we make sure users understand our mobile device policies?
- Are we going to allow personal devices?
- What do we do about roaming?
- How can we maintain a high level of security and protect against malware?
- What do we do when a device is lost?
- How are mobile devices affecting our network?
- What do we do about training our IT staff to support mobile devices?
Connect Oomnitza + Google MDM in minutes
There is a way to keep things simple—and moving: Google MDM. It provides mobile management for Android, iOS, Windows, and other smartphones. It’s easy to set up and even easier to use. You can take it one step further by integrating Google MDM to Oomnitza. The two work together to help you:
- Manage every device across your organization from a single pane of glass.
- Have devices check into Google MDM and provide system-level updates. The information is relayed to Oomnitza without any effort on your part.
- Automatically invoke workflows, notify administrators of key events, and surface information into dashboards that give you a single source of truth about all the Things that power your company.
- Flag anomalous behavior such as unexpected IP/subnets, devices that have not checked in to Google MDM for an extended period of time, and other anomalies that require action.
- Make it easy to automate time-consuming activities like manual patching, configuration updates, and service installations.
- Track and manage your entire infrastructure within Oomnitza, even if you’re using other turnkey system management software.
- Create and customize workflows.
- Run corporate-wide reports that detail the distribution and status of all the mobile Things in your environment.
- Have a single hub for configuration data.